27 September 2013

When leaders need a break - 4 articles for those exploring the possibility and practicalities of taking an extended sabbatical





Burnout is often understood to affect people who have spent too many hours in the office, but more often it occurs because of a frustration with the status quo and a growing conviction that in your current role, you are no longer able to make a significant contribution. Many large companies and increasingly churches and Christian organisations are coming to realise the benefits of encouraging their people in leadership positions to take a sabbatical. 
So how do I know if a sabbatical is right for me? How do I go about requesting it and how can I most effectively use the time? 

The four articles below are the the result of a sabbatical I took myself in the summer of 2013. As the posts are listed in chronological order with the latest at the top, I recommend you scroll down to part 1 and begin there. 
I trust this will be a help to those who strongly sense the need for some time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment