17 September 2007

A Sunday afternoon cycle = 3 countries - 33 Km - 40,000 people

Yesterday I took part in the "slowUp Basel-Dreiland" along with 40,000 others on bicycles (90%) and Rollerblades (10%). This was the first time on my bicycle for two months (since my elbow operation) so I opted for a 33 km route rather than the full 45 km which went into Switzerland, Germany and France. The route crossed the border 5 times and the Rhein river 4 times. All of the roads were closed to traffic and everyone (well most people) went around the route in a counter-clockwise direction. The weather was superb as was the organization of this huge event. This was the first time for this event in Basel but it looks to become a yearly event. Next year I want to do the full route. Anybody want to join me?

2 comments:

  1. I could replace the dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny!!
    It's true though, the dog looked like he was really enjoying himself!
    Great to hear from you. Thanks for looking at the blog.

    ReplyDelete