20 November 2005

Day Six - Preaching in the FEG Schwerin

Well today was the big day! It had been a long time since I had preached in German but God really gave the necessary help. I was quite nervous beforehand but after I got started I was more relaxed and I really enjoyed it. I sensed that the people were with me and that they were really thinking over what I was saying from God's Word in Phil. 1.
I was really surprised when I walked into the building to find Claudia's parents sitting there. They did talk about coming down to hear me preach in German but I thought there was only a small possibility of it happening. I was really glad to see them and I think they were also encouraged through my ministry. A young woman in the church got up at the end and said that it was 3 years today since she was saved and started coming to the church. She wanted to thank the church for all the love they showed to her and how they have helped her to grow. That was really encouraging.
Even though I have only been here a few days, saying goodbye to the people in the church wasn't easy. Hopefully we can keep up the contact with the churches in Schwerin, Barth, Luebeck and Rostock.
We went to lunch with a family from the church (one of the elders) and then back in the afternoon to Silbers for coffee and cake and further discussions regarding the planting of a church in Rostock.
This has been a wonderful trip! I have made many new friends and have had many opportunities to minister to people both in preaching and in one-to-one conversations.
We leave early tomorrow morning to drive to Hamburg, park the car, get the train to the airport, fly to Dublin and get the bus up the road to home.
Thank you for your prayers! If anybody has been reading this, then maybe you would leave a little message on this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Ja, Schatz,
    can't wait to see you back again.
    The boys miss you 2.
    Save journey home.
    God bless,
    Claudi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gary,

    Was praying for you while you were away, and its great to read of all your experiences. I am so glad that Germany was a good experience, and its clear that God has used you during your time there.
    Thanks for doing Friendship Hour yesterday, and sorry I couldn't be there to hear you preach.

    I hope you're able to gain control of your college class again, after that heretic Roycroft's lecture last week! You might have a hard job!

    God bless,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andrew for your prayers and for standing in for me during my abscence.
    Is there anybody else out there who reads the blog? I wonder... come on don't be shy... leave a wee message.

    ReplyDelete