17 November 2005

Day Two

It was really good to spend some time this morning again with Claudia's parents. They brought me to Bad Segeberg where we met up with Victor and had dinner together.
Victor has a little VW polo here in Germany - so we will be going around in it for the next few days. Our first visit was to the FEG church in Luebeck The Pastor there is called Lutz and he explained to me about his church and showed us around his building - they have excellent facilities and they quite a big church by German standards.
Next stop was a home visit in the same city with a former missionary and friend of Victors called Wolfram. As it was getting dark we arrived in Schwerin at the apartment of Pastor Klaus Silber. We had our tea and then I withdrew myself for half an hour to look over my bible study and to wait for the people to arrive. About 12 people in all came from all over the city. We sang a few songs with guitar accompaniment and then it was my turn. It has been a long time since I led a Bible Study in the German language but God gave the necessary help. Not knowing the people, it was difficult to gage whether I was connecting with them, but judging by the discussion that followed it seemed to go very well. After a time of sharing some personal prayer request we had a time of open prayer where almost everyone prayed.
I spoke to Claudia on the phone for half an hour and then set down to write this email before I go to sleep.
Tomorrow morning at 10am is a meeting here in the apartment with some church leaders who are involved in church planting in this area.
Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment