26 June 2006

Back to school

Joel has made a full recovery.
The students all arrived at the weekend and have settled in with us to our new home for the next 3 months.
It has been great to renew acquaintances with the staff, most of whom I have not seen for 10 years.
Today was our first day of classes. Our English class has 12 students - from Portugal (2), Netherlands (2), Greece (2), Lithuania (1), Armenia (1), and Norn Iron (4 of us all on the front row). I have the responsibility of making audio recordings of all the classes on computer and I have to clean the main classroom every morning. We all take our turn at the dishes. Two baby-sitters (both great girls from NI) look after the children while we are in class. This gives us great peace of mind to concentrate.
I will be preaching this Sunday morning to the students and staff so please pray that I will be sensitive to time as I have to allow for translation into French and Polish :)
The weather is warm and sunny with the odd thunder storm.
Please pray for our continual adjusting to communal life in Kilchzimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment