11 July 2013

Academy for World Mission (AWM Korntal)

As I have a lot more free time during my sabbatical I decided to take the opportunity to be a guest student at the AWM in Korntal, located on the outskirts of Stuttgart in Germany. In the photo is our class who took the 10-day MA course "Mission in Europa" with Dr. Klaus Wetzel. I thoroughly enjoyed the teaching, fellowship and the debates in class. Even though I was only auditing the course, I tried to get involved where I could. I even ended up translating German to English during the chapel services and I gave a 30 minute presentation in class on the historical and present day situation among the churches in Northern Ireland. As a result of this positive experience, my appetite for further study has definitely been whet.

No comments:

Post a Comment