05 August 2007

I'm in Hospital

We don't know exactly what happened (bite, sting or infected cut), I was playing on Saturday morning with the boys in the sand at the playground in Brake Bible College (Germany) when my elbow started to itch and throughout the day the pain really increased. It swoll up and became very warm and very sore. I had high fever and vomiting so we went on Sunday morning to the out of hours doctor, who sent me to the hospital to pick up a rigid sling and antibiotics. However when the casualty doctor examined it himself he sent me up to the surgical ward. My arm is now in a half plaster. I have been receiving IV drips all day and they will probably operate tomorrow to remove the invected bag that has developed under the skin. This has all taken me a bit by surprise but God knows what is best. I was meant to be talking to 200 people tonight about our work and I was to take a seminar tomorrow. Hopefully I can get out midweek and catch up with the meetings ten. I'm sending this from my phone on my hospital bed. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment