07 August 2007

Worse than we first thought

It turns out that they removed quite a large bag of infected fluid from around my elbow. They estimate I will have the drain on for at least 5 days so I will probably still have it on when we drive back to Binzen on Sunday. Then I will probably need more surgery in Loerrach (our local hospital) so they can go in and see if the infection has cleared up :(
I still have a huge plaster of paris on my arm with a tube coming out of it, I haven't yet been able to see the size of my wound.

Please, please include Claudia in your prayers. We praise God for His providence that Claudia's mum is also attending the camp. However Claudia is having to take several of the meetings I was planning to do, which is really adding to the stress of caring for the boys and visiting me twice a day. She's really feeling it, while at the same time we both know the value of these meetings for promoting our ministry and missions in general. (Nobody can say we didn't do everything we could to raise our support :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gary and Claudia
    We're praying for you at this difficult time - and trust that you will soon know the Lord's healing hand, Gary. We'll be remembering Claudia in a special way with her extra responsibilities, and will pass on to the fellowship in Armagh tonight your need for prayer.
    With you in His service,
    Andrew and Carolyn

    ReplyDelete